Collective Bargaining in Iowa: What Iowans Should Know
- Chapter 20 of the Code of Iowa spells out Iowa’s collective bargaining laws.
- For a comparison of unionization in public vs. private sector, click here.
- The Iowa Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) lists all bargaining units, court and arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts.
- For decision referenced, click here.
- Over the past six years, collective bargaining settlements in Iowa school districts have been greater than revenue growth more than three-quarters of the time. For detail, click here.
- See Taxpayers Association of Central Iowa analysis of Bureau of Labor Statistics data here.